16 January 2005

The birth day of a non-smoker

Yesterday....was my 36th birthday. A few years ago I was asked when I was going to give up smoking...my reply was...when I am 35. And so I had left this until literally the last minute.

But I am pleased to report that thus far I have kept my promise to myself. Since before I went to bed last night at around 1am...I have not had a single ciggie. I managed on my own until around 3pm this arvie...when the cravings became quite overwhelming. I had recieved some gift vouchers off Jane and Alan for my birthday....and decided ...wot better present could I get...than a new lease on life?!

So I took myself off to Boots, and bought a pack of NiQuitin Patches... got home and after reading all the drivel in the pack...stuck one on my arm. It took about 2 hours to kick in...but I am pleased to report that I have only had 1 craving since I put it on. I am trying really hard to not substitute food for cravings...as we all know I really CANNOT afford to put more weight on. So.... I am having a glass of water instead. Which I think is pretty good...and so far...its working.

Day 1 is almost over. Until I got the patch working...it was very painfull. But I am standing steadfast at this moment. Although I am finding it difficult to visualise myself as a non smoker...having smoked for 24 years... I have no doubt that I will like myself a lot more once I have a clearer picture.

So...happy Birthday ME!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ~ BEST GIFT YOU COULD HAVE GIVEN YOURSELF, EVER. AND HAPPY RE-BIRTH DAY TO YOUR TWO HEALTHY CHILDREN!!! SO PROUD OF YOU. GOOD LUCK XOXOXOX